Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 5 of Student Teaching

I would rate this week a 3, this week went really great. Tuesday I had ten people observe me teaching math, Wednesday all second graders had a field trip to watch a theater troupe on American American heroes, and Friday was a professional development day.
    • Observe: This week I had made it my goal to have my students to make connections with how they would feel if they were African Americans during the Civil Rights Movement.
    • Reflect: Next week I am continuing to build upon The Civil Rights Movement during guided reading groups..
    • Focus:  My short-term goal of differentiating instruction is has flowed into helping my behavior student through my long-term plans.
    • Be Productive: I am continuing to work on classroom management. I am making sure to be firm yet fair. Students are continually talking over me or talking out of turn. I am continuing to give consequences for these actions.
    • Have Courage:  I had apprehension on being too strict while teaching a lesson. I have really discussed with my CE about how to handle classroom management.
    • Begin Anew: My next logical step is to view how students are going to wrap up ideas on Abraham Lincoln, and begin making connections with how Abraham Lincoln helped begin the Civil Rights Movement one hundred years after the Emancipation Proclamamtion. 
  • I analyzed data from newest student. Based on the development that has occurred while she has been here the pass few months I still see that the progress is not enough to prepare her for third grade. I am worried that retention is going to occur for this child.
  • NC Professional Teaching Standards 
    • Standard 1: 1b, I continually incorporate my SIP goals into my lesson plans. The two biggest are number sense and vocabulary skill building. These two goals are weaved in my math and guided reading instruction time.
    • Standard 2: 2c, I have made sure to communicate high expectations to all students no matter what their development level. I normally tell my students that there is goal for our reading stations (guided reading group) for the day, before and while we are working.
    • Standard 3: 3c, I am greatly trying to improve my instruction by incorporating differentiation. This week I have tried to be intentional in viewing how each student needs different things to learn.
    • Standard 4: 4a, This week I have tried extremely hard to be intentional in making sure that my teaching is differentiated. To me it seems that I am keeping some students from doing what others are doing, but I know that this is for the learning of the student.
    • Standard 5: 5a, I have become very aware on how just assessing them after a lesson really helps me plan for the next day. I know that if a student is struggling in a certain part of the lesson, than I want to go back and cover it before moving on.
  • Other:
    • What components of your portfolio have you started to complete? I am gathering student work samples from my unit from my two students that I have chosen, and have worked on analysis.
    • What support does your clinical educator need from Mrs.Suttle? None is needed at this time.
    • What support do you need from Mrs. Suttle? None at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment