I would rate this week a 4.
·
Observe: I was able to connect with my new student. While the students
has ADHD and can be very distracting to not only himself but the other
students, I have found a way to help the student have a way to get rid of the extra movement, by
giving them a stress tooth.
·
Reflect: I have found that differentiating is not only on what you are
teaching your students but also the atmosphere in which is conducive for the
students. My student that suffers from ADHD cannot sit still during any of the
lessons when there hasn't been any medicine I allow the student to walk at the
back of the room while I am teaching if they are having a hard time.
·
Focus: I am still planning on how to differentiate and implement
global awareness in my lesson plans.
·
Be
Productive: I am continuing to work on
spending lesson time on managing negative behavior and praising for the good
behavior that students are doing.
·
Have
Courage: During one of my lessons, I had a student constantly calling
out the answers, now mind you the answers were correct, and the student never
call out, but I gave a warning, and it was not heeded. I had to have the
student clip down for not following directions.
·
Begin
Anew: My first logical step for next week is to find strategies that
will help my students to learn the value of money. Students are going to begin
on this once they return from Spring Break.
NC Professional Teaching Standards
·
Standard 1: 1a, I am continuing
to maintain a safe and orderly classroom that facilitates student learning. My
new student has thrown a monkey wrench in this plan, but I have continued to
communicate expectations and goals for students. I have continued to enforce
consequences for bad behavior.
·
Standard 2: 2e, I had a pretty
good response to my parent involvement project for my students. Many of the
parents with the students to research a specific country of their choice.
·
Standard 3: 3a, I have been
working on integrating vocabulary in my math lessons. I can tell that since I
have began teaching the math vocabulary that students are able to solve word
problems easier that are used to compare data on a chart.
·
Standard 4: 4d, Integrating
technology has been a goal for me to do in the classroom. I have had students
watching videos on youtube that acts as a read aloud for students. Students
seemed to be engaged in these lessons.
·
Standard 5: 5a, I noticed this
week that students are struggling with answering word problems. They are not
able to break apart what the problem is asking them. Word problems that allow
them to use more than one specific type of data causes them to become
frustrated.
·
What components of your
portfolio have you started to complete? I have started to complete the student
teaching video.
·
What support does your clinical
educator need from Mrs.Suttle? None at this time
·
What support do you need from Mrs.Suttle?
None at this time
Hey Taylor Trotter! I agree with you about differentiation. I don't even realize I am doing that sometimes! Sounds to me like you're doing great! Almost done! Hang in there.
ReplyDelete~Taylor Lanning
WOW!! You hit it on the head about making sure the atmosphere is conducive to the learning environment. I have a lot of ADHD students in my class and all take medicine, but when they don't, it is CRAZY. I'm sure you had your hands full with the new student...
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am very curious... Stress tooth?!
Is a stress tooth like a stress ball in the shape of a tooth, I have a very active ADHD student who also knows how to distract the class as well as herself, but I have learned the best thing for her is to just give her a task.
ReplyDelete