This week I would rate it a 5. This week went really well, and I can honestly say I feel that I was able to help my students to achieve learning.
- Observe: Yesterday, I was teaching a math lesson. To begin the lesson we do fluency practice. I know each of my students developmental level when it comes to math. The fluency practice had the students renaming units in tens and ones. I could tell when we were renaming units, that one of my students had a perplexed look on her face, so when the next problem came up I called on her to answer it. Normally, I wouldn't do this because I do not want to embarrass them, but I could tell she was really struggling. Her and I and the class worked out the problem together. She looked at me and had a big smile on her face she said, " Mrs.Trotter, I get it now!"
- Reflect: I have gained from DIBELS data, that my students are struggling with TRC. I have modified my instruction especially during literacy groups where I have students answer and write questions based upon evidence in the text. Today, during groups I still see that some students are not grasping this concept, so I know that I need to continue my implementation of TRC within my literacy group lessons.
- Focus: It is my long-term goal it add as much global awareness as I can within my lessons, this week I feel that I failed with this implementation, and did not succeed in completing this short-term goal of this week, in comparison to my long-term goal.
- Be Productive: I am still continuing to work on transitions. I have been able to cut down on the amount of time it takes to transition into another task.
- Have Courage: I'm still trying to handle behavior in the classroom. I have had some apprehension having students to face consequences for their action. My CE discussed with me that when I see some productive award students by having them clip up, and when I see something negative have them to clip down. I am now intentionally thinking about each students actions and how they are affecting their learning.
- Begin Anew: My first logical step for next week is to make sure that my lesson contain global awareness as well as, having the lessons to be relevant and valid for student learning.
- What were some data you analyzed this week and how did it help guide your decisions?
- NC Professional Teaching Standards (be sure to reference activities from your lesson plans to solidify your answer)
- Standard 1: This week I have been able to collaborate with my team about our intervention groups. I discussed with my CE and another teacher that planned the lesson for my group, and we discussed things to help make our group time more effective, and using time wisely.
- Standard 2: This week I have made sure that my students know that while I am having them face the consequences for next actions that I still love them, and I care about their learning. When I have a student clip down I ensure that I explain to them why I am having them clip down. I also reward them for doing positive actions. I am working on being aware on how to provide a environment for student growth.
- Standard 3: Ultimately, all of my lessons are linked with NCSCOS, but I want to make the standards relevant to the students. This week during my read aloud I have read books about nutrition. We have focused on food groups, and how important that it is to be healthy. I explained that by learning about health and nutrition we are able to learn how to be healthy and grow strong.
- Standard 4: Based on scores of MAP testing, I am continually looking at the development of students. I have a three groups of students based upon MAP scores. I am planning my lesson based upon their development.
- Standard 5: I am ultimately identifying data sources to improve my students learning. I am using data from DIBELS and MAP to improve my students learning during my lessons.
- Other:
- What components of your portfolio have you started to complete?: I have begin to teach my unit, and have started to gain artifacts from my two designated students that I have chose.
- What support does your clinical educator need from Mrs. Suttle?: No support is needed at this time.
- What support do you need from Mrs.Suttle? Next week, I am continuing to teach my unit, I just want to know if there is anyway that you have been able to make slavery relevant to students?
No comments:
Post a Comment